You guys, it’s here…TIGER BLOOD is here! This is the moment I have been waiting for since Day 4 of this Whole 30 round. The past week I have been feeling SO tired and CONSTANTLY hungry, but today I woke up feeling completely refreshed and ready to take on the day. (Also, what is it about sunny days that make everything you are doing more enjoyable? It’s the best.)
First thing I did this morning? Make my Costco run. I knew I was attempting a borderline dangerous task by going to Costco on a Sunday, but I tried to go last night (Saturday) only to find that they were CLOSED! (6 PM closing time on a Saturday seems a little extreme to me…just sayin’) Here is what I got from Costco:
- I splurged and got the antibiotic free salmon – feeling very good about this decision.
- I don’t normally get grapes because they are pretty pricey at Costco, but I was going to make a quick chicken salad for lunch so I knew I needed them. (Because is chicken salad even a real thing without grapes? Not according to me.)
- We buy cheap coffee. That’s that.
- Wholly Guacamole cups just make me happy. I eat them with veggies as a snack or top our burrito bowls with them.
- The rest are veggies that will most likely be roasted this week to eat with dinner!
Then I made a quick pit stop at Hy-Vee. It’s super frustrating but Costco has NO compliant chicken sausage or kielbasa. And I knew I needed A LITTLE celery, as opposed to the amount you get at Costco which could feed a small army.
I also got one of GT’S Gingerade Kombuchas – if you follow me on Instagram you may have seen that they now carry this flavor in bulk at our Costco! Super exciting, but since I hadn’t tried this one yet I decided to get one at Hy-Vee to make sure I liked it. (The verdict: I LOVE it.) So after Hy-Vee it was back home & time to get in meal prep mode.
It’s no mystery, I have not posted a weekly meal prep in awhile. The reason is pretty simple – I haven’t meal prepped in awhile. BUT I knew today was going to be the day to get back in the saddle. Instead of making all our meals today, I decided I would make breakfast, a few days of lunches and then prep ingredients for dinner – this way we could still grab & go some items, but now we get to eat fresh meals in the evening! Perfect mix.
This week’s menu:
- Almond Crusted Salmon – The Defined Dish
- A1 Inspired Beef Roast – Physical Kitchness
- Savory Turkey Apple Hash – Physical Kitchness
- Thai Green Curry & Lime Drumsticks – Balanced Bites
- Orange Ginger Butternut Squash Soup – Olive You Whole
- Turkey Meatballs – A Healthy Life for Me
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed when you are looking at your weekly menu & your calendar at the same time. How do people have enough time in the day to work, work out, get chores done AND have a hot meal? I don’t think that I have the almighty answer, BUT what I can tell you is that if you make a few things ahead of time – it feels a LOT more doable. (Still tough, but doable.)
Here’s what I prepped today to get ready for the week:
Spiralized Sweet Potato Noodles – for Tuesday’s dinner
- Spiralizing doesn’t take too long, but hey – it’s one less thing to do on Tuesday! If you don’t own a spiralizer, may I suggest THIS ONE for you.
Whole 30 Pesto – for Tuesday’s dinner (this is a similar recipe to what I used: https://lifehealthhq.com/whole30-pesto/)
- After you add all of the ingredients shown below, pulse until well mixed. Then add 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of olive oil and pulse until well combined. I added the juice from 1 small lemon to make it a little brighter tasting!
Turkey Meatballs – for lunches w/ butternut squash soup (recipe above)
- As you can see from the picture below, I attempted to pan fry the meatballs before finishing them in the oven (like the recipe suggests) buttt, that did not work well for me. So I just made the remaining meatballs and put them right into the oven – still tasted FAB.
Orange Ginger Butternut Squash – for lunches w/ turkey meatballs (recipe above)
- Yes, the soup looks like baby food but didn’t you ever learn to not judge a book by its cover?! It’s so good & the orange/ginger make it taste light and fresh, the perfect summer soup. (P.S. it’s so easy)
Thai Green Curry & Lime Chicken Drumsticks – for lunches (recipe above)
- I am so excited to eat these this week! I obviously had to try one before I put them in the fridge and it was to die for. The flavors were insane. I plan to pack these for lunches with cauliflower rice and green beans.
Savory Turkey Apple Hash & Roasted Sweet P Wedges (Hash recipe above) – for breakfast
- Sweet potatoes – slice, drizzle with EVOO & salt, roast at 425 for 20 minutes. When I wake up in the morning to make our bulletproof coffee, I am going to fry an over easy egg for each of us to put onto of the ground turkey.
Is it weird that I am excited for Monday so I get to start eating these delicious things? DON’T CARE!
I hope you all enjoy the last few hours of the weekend – and that your week is full of sunshine & tasty food.
Sending Good Chives Your Way,